How your brain works: 8 crazy facts
Brains are fascinating.
Here are some exciting facts about the brain that you can use to impress your friends:
1. The brain named itself.
2. It weights approx. 3.3 lbs.
3. Your left side of your brain is for logic (and the right one is for creativity).
4. When you see someone you like, your pupils dilate.
5. Your brain shrinks as you get older.
6. When a person dies they have seven minutes of brain activity left. This is when your mind plays back your memories in a dream sequence.
View this post on Instagram
Celebrate #EarthDay with us! Only today, April 22nd, we're planting not 10, but 30 trees for every product you order! Choose your favorite Displates and join us in making the world a better place! 🌳🌲🌳 #EarthDay #Trees #eco #ecology #environment #gogreen #green #poster #brain #illustration #surreal #art #artwork #artist #displate
7. The human brain spends most of its time replaying memories, trying to relive them.
8. Your brain keeps developing until your late 40's.
How to improve your memory:
- Do quizzes, puzzles, riddles etc.
- Play video games, memory games or board games.
- Learn something new: a hobby, a language, anything!
- Draw something.
- Start a journal or a blog.
These hacks can help you improve your memory, which will be helpful during exam season!
- Smelling a candle (specifically cinnamon) improves your memory.
- Drinking cinnamon tea helps you to remember things.
- Have a calendar and plan everything out.
- Sleep for at least 8 hours a day.
- Chewing gum whilst you're studying, especially separating different subject with different flavours, can help you to remember things.
- If you want to learn something, read it out loud twice, write it down five times and then read it ten times.
- If you nap every 30 mins after a 50-minute study session it can improve your memory.